INDIA EMERGING 20 (“IE20”) TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting an entry, the applicant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions. If the applicant does not agree to these terms and conditions please do not enter IE20.
The promoter is London & Partners Limited, a company limited by guarantee, incorporated in England and Wales under company number 07493460 and whose registered office address is at Level 6 2 More London Riverside, London, SE1 2RR
- IE20 is the initiative of the Promoter, which identifies India’s 20 most innovative and high growth companies with global aspirations.
- IE20 will run from 00:01 on 4th December 2017 (the "Opening Date") to 11:59 on 17th February 2018 (the "Closing Date") inclusive.
- All entries to IE20 must be received by the Promoter by no later than 11:59 on the Closing Date. All entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
- Applicants can enter IE20 by completing the online form available at www.indiaemerging20.com.
- All applications that are successfully received will be evaluated and scored by ValueNotes using a rating model. The Promoter will review the scores of all of the applicants and the top-50 scoring companies will be shortlisted and invited to present for up to 10 minutes to a panel of judges on why it deserves a place in the India Emerging 20 list. The representative of the applicant may present the presentation with a video and/or a handout.
- The judging panel will select 20 companies from those companies that have attended and presented to the judging panel. The judging panel will score each company on a scale of 0 to 10, where 0 is the lowest and 10 is the highest score. The judging panel shall evaluate each company in the following areas:
- Can the applicant be a global business?
- Is the applicant’s business scalable?
- Is the applicant’s business sustainable?
- Is the applicant unique in any way?
- What is the applicant’s performance track record?
- If a company that has been shortlisted and invited to present to the judging panel cannot attend the judging panel for any reason, that company will be disqualified and the Promoter may shortlist and invite another company.
- The judging panel will be selected by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- All entries will be judged on the information provided by the applicant in the application form and to the judging panel. The Promoter reserves the right to request applicants to supply additional information within a stipulated time period.
- The Promoter will not disclose the scores of any applicant as determined by ValueNotes and/or the judging panel. The decision of the Promoter and the judging panel is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- No purchase necessary and there is no charge to enter IE20.
- The Promoter will not accept:
- responsibility for entries that are delayed or lost in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
- proof of transmission as proof of receipt of entry to IE20.
- The applicant confirms that all of the information that it submits to the Promoter, including in the application form and in any presentation to the judging panel, is true and accurate.
- The applicant agrees to indemnify the Promoter, ValueNotes and/or any sponsors and/or associated partners of IE20 on demand against all claims and all liabilities, costs, proceedings, damages and expenses (including legal and other professional fees and expenses) awarded against, or incurred or paid by, the Promoter, ValueNotes and/or any sponsor as a result of or in connection with any claim made against the Promoter, ValueNotes and/or any sponsor and/or associated partners by any person arising out of, or in connection with, any content, materials or statements supplied by or on behalf of the applicant, including in its application form and/or in any presentation to the judging panel.
- An applicant can only enter IE20 if:
- The applicant is a company established after 1 January 2000;
- The applicant: (i) is a company incorporated in India; (ii) is a global company in which the beneficial ownership of more than 50% of the issued share capital of the company is owned by person(s) resident in India; or (iii) is a global company and the person(s) that have the legal power to direct or cause the direction of the management of the company are resident in India. “Person(s)” in this paragraph 3.1(b) includes natural person(s), corporate(s) or unincorporated bodies (in each case whether or not having separate legal personality);
- The applicant company is not trading in the UK on the Closing Date;
- The primary business of the applicant is in a knowledge based sector, for example, technology, communications, creative, media, life sciences, financial services or business services; and
- The applicant has global ambitions (for example, the company has worked with global clients and/or it offers products suited to global markets, but the company may not have international presence at the present time).
The Promoter will not accept entries that are:
- Automatically generated by a computer;
- Illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with; or
- The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify an applicant if the conduct of the applicant is contrary to the spirit or intention of IE20.
- The 20 companies selected by the judging panel will be publicly announced at a India Emerging 20 ceremony in London or India. The applicant agrees that if it is selected to be listed in the India Emerging 20 list, it will send a senior representative to represent the applicant at the ceremony.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for any cost or expense that may be incurred in the selected company attending the IE20 ceremony including, but not limited to, any flights, accommodation, insurance, transfers, food and drink, spending money, the cost of any visa or travel document, tax or personal expenses. All costs that may be incurred by the selected company in attending the IE20 ceremony shall be the responsibility of the selected company.
- Each company selected to be listed on the IE 20 list will be responsible for ensuring that its representative is available to travel and holds a valid passport and any necessary visas and travel documents to attend the IE20 ceremony.
- There is no cash alternative for being listed on the IE20 list and listing is not negotiable or transferable.
- The Promoter and the suppliers reserves the right to replace the IE20 listing with an alternative prize if circumstances beyond the Promoter's and/or a supplier’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- IE20 winners will be offered a package of support to assist with establishment of the IE20’s business in London. The support package available as on the Opening Date includes:
- 6 Months Office Membership on Complimentary basis (provided by First Office Hub)
- Complimentary Consultation and review of the relevant UK Immigration Application (offered by Newland Chase)
- Market Entry Support (provided by Trade Horizons)
- Advice on Marketing and PR Strategy for the UK (provided by Rochester PR)
- One hour consultation each with 2 VCs, (provided by AU Capital Partners)
- The London Business Package shall be supplied to each IE20 winner by the individual suppliers of the service in accordance with the specific terms set out in the appendix to these terms and conditions.
- The supply of the specific services in the London Business Package by the suppliers may also be subject to the IE20 winner agreeing to further terms and conditions with the supplier. The Promoter shall not be responsible if the IE20 winner does not accept the supplier’s additional terms and conditions and the Promoter shall not offer any alternative to the service.
- The Promoter and the suppliers reserve the right to remove and/or replace all or any part of the London Business Package with an alternative service if circumstances beyond the Promoter's and/or a supplier’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- There is no cash alternative to any part and/or all of the London Business Package.
- If the IE20 winner does not establish in London, the Promoter shall not offer any alternative to the London Business Package.
- No part of the London Business Package may be claimed by a third party on behalf of the IE20 winner.
- The London Business Package is not negotiable or transferable.
The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if:
the IE20 winner is unable to take up all or any part of the London Business Package; and
- any supplier or suppliers cannot or does not supply any or all of the services included in the London Business Package for any reason whatsoever.
- The supplier of the relevant service in the London Business Package is responsible for the supply of that service and the Promoter assumes no responsibility for the service, advice and/or any professional judgments provided by the supplier.
- The Promoter shall not be liable to any IE20 winner for any loss or damage that may arise from any act or omission of any supplier, including any negligent or reckless act, omission and/or default in the provision of any service by any supplier (whether such loss or damage was foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise and whether or not the person, firm, company or organisation in question is advised of the possibility of loss, liability, damage or expense).
IE20 WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT
- The IE20 winners will be publicly announced at a ceremony in London or India.
- The Promoter will contact the winners by email and/or by telephone as soon as practicable after the judging panel has made its decision.
- If the applicant is selected as an IE20 winner, the applicant agrees to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter. The applicant also agrees to provide quotations to the Promoter upon request, narratives and other content regarding its engagement with IE20.
- The applicant grants the Promoter a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, assignable, sub-licensable, royalty-free and global licence to use any narratives, quotations or content provided by the applicant and any photographs, videotapes, images or films of the applicant in all and any media, including on the internet, in printed publications, presentations and promotional materials. The applicant agrees to waive any and all rights to notification, compensation, inspection or approval in relation to the aforementioned photographs, videotapes, films or images.
OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- All entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned.
- All intellectual property rights in each entry and any accompanying material will be owned by the applicant or its licensors.
- By submitting the entry and any accompanying material, the applicant grants the Promoter, or will procure for the Promoter, a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, assignable, sub-licensable, royalty-free and global licence to use all intellectual property rights in each entry and any accompanying material for all purposes.
- All intellectual property rights in the concept of India Emerging 20, the IE20 logo and the name “India Emerging Twenty” are the property of the Promoter.
- All information in the applicant’s application form and any other information supplied by the applicant that is of a confidential nature, information specifically designated as confidential by the applicant and any other information which should otherwise be reasonably regarded as possessing a quality of confidence will be treated by the Promoter as confidential and the Promoter will not disclose it to third parties, save as provided in paragraph 8.2.
- The Promoter may disclose all information in the application form and any other information supplied by the applicant for the purposes of assessing and judging the applicant’s entry to IE20 to its employees, subcontractors, agents, third party suppliers, professional advisers, ValueNotes and all members of the judging panel.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its suppliers or agents will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any IE20 winner or its representative or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of being listed on the IE20 list, even where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or suppliers or that of their employees.
- The applicant will comply with all laws relating to anti-bribery and anti-corruption, including but not limited to, the Bribery Act 2010; and the applicant agrees it will not engage in any activity, practice or conduct which would constitute an offence under the Bribery Act 2010.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude any applicant from participating in IE20.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the any party of IE20 where it becomes necessary to do so.
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between the applicant and the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Such changes shall be effective immediately or such other time as the Promoter elects. In the event of any materially adverse changes, the applicant may withdraw its application by notice to the Promoter in writing.
- These terms and conditions are between the applicant and the Promoter. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
LONDON BUSINESS PACKAGE
SUPPLIER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
AU CAPITAL PARTNERS
One hour consultation on Funding Opportunities in London during 1 April 2018 to 30 September 2019, as and when the winning companies consider setting up in London.
One hour consultation on Advice on Marketing and PR Strategy for the UK, subject to the following conditions:
- The IE20 winner will be required to provide required information as outlined in the questionnaire designed by Rochester PR.
- On completion of the questionnaire, the IE20 winner will qualify for one hour consultation.
Provide the winners with Market Entry Support, subject to the following conditions:
- The IE20 winner will be provided with a structured Market Entry Plan questionnaire and Market Entry Plan template. On completion of the questionnaire and template, the IE20 winner will have a call with Trade Horizons to validate / challenge the answers.
- Following the call, Trade Horizons will be able to Provide a Market Opportunity Assessment, looking at the following:
- Sector Overview (Market Intelligence/ secondary data supported by London & Partners’ in-house research team)
- Defining USPs / and positioning options
- Potential client (domain and characteristic) and competitor mapping
- Options and recommendation for market entry approach
- Initial activities to be conducted, and a Scope of how Trade Horizons could assist them.
FIRST OFFICE HUB
6 Month’s free office membership, subject to the following:
- The free office membership is restricted to 1 person per IE20 winner.
- Offer valid from 1 April 2018 30th September 2019
- 6 month’s free space to finish before 1 October 2019
- The IE20 winner must meet with a member of the First Office Hub team prior to availing themselves of the benefit of the free office membership.
- The membership provider will be decided by First Office Hub
- The IE20 winner must sign an exclusive representation agreement with First Office Hub for their ongoing office search on completion of the 6 months free membership, failing which First Office Hub may consider retracting the free membership offer.
- Office search will be facilitated by First Office Hub on complimentary basis.
Provide free review of their Immigration Application, subject to the following conditions:
- Initial one hour consultation from Newland Chase on suitable immigration options customised to the IE20 winner’s requirement. Consultation beyond one hour will be charged @ 50% discount of the standard tariff of Newland Chase.
- Review of actual UK immigration application (prior to submission) done by the IE20 winner.
- Post review, should Newland Chase find significant amendments required, Newland Chase would offer 50% discount to represent the IE20 winner for their respective application.
- The offer is valid from 1 April 2018 30th September 2019.